2014-2015 Hockey Insurance(in association with Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers Ltd. and C&C Insurance Consultants)
CARHA Hockey is pleased to partner with Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers and C&C Insurance Consultants who will offer one of the most affordable hockey programs available.
Hockey is a fun sport that provides many benefits, but is also a high-risk and rigorous sport. CARHA Hockey supports and protects adult recreational hockey by providing hockey insurance programs (in association with Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers and C&C Insurance Consultants) for leagues, teams, pick-up and shinny groups for men and women across Canada.
Accident benefits are underwritten by AIG Insurance Company of Canada. This website will provide you with a brief description of the coverage available. The full details of the coverage are contained in the policy including limitations, exclusions and termination provisions.
Insurance Chart (in association with Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers and C&C Insurance Consultants)
For a quote on insurance, please fill out the "Insurance Quote" box at the top of the webpage or contact us!
Why Do I Need Hockey Insurance?
As a high-risk sport there are chances of being injured. If injured while playing hockey you can submit a claim to receive reimbursement for treatment expenses through our Sport Accident Claims process.
- Provides Liability protection for player on player accidents in the event that you injure someone.
- Provides protection for the person responsible for booking/signing ice contracts.
- Provides liability coverage that is often required in order to rent ice.
- Provides protection for league executives and organizers in the case of bodily injury, property damage, or death.
- Provides coverage for all teams, players, spares, coaches, managers, trainers, executives, and volunteers. In addition, arenas, municipalities, businesses and/or sponsors are covered as additional insured.
- In association with Dan Lawrie Insurance Brokers and C&C Insurance Consultants.
* CARHA Hockey also welcomes the participation of pregnant women who wish play adult recreational hockey. For safety purposes, we recommend that you consult with your physician prior to playing hockey. Please note that the coverage does not apply to injuries sustained that affect the term of pregnancy.
It is ultimately the responsibility of the league organizer and/or executives to manage the league's policies and day to day operations. As such, any decisions relevant to matters taking place within the league are autonomous to CARHA Hockey.
*Note: Insured members must be permanent residents of Canada and at least 18 years of age. (Some exceptions apply)
CARHA Hockey registered players acknowledge that there is a risk of being injured when playing the game of hockey.
ALL BENEFITS AVAILABLE UNDER THE CARHA HOCKEY INSURANCE PROTECTION PROGRAM ARE SUBJECT TO THE ACTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE INSURANCE POLICY IN FORCE DURING THE PERIOD OF MEMBERSHIP. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN HIGHLIGHTS THE CARHA HOCKEY INSURANCE PROTECTION PROGRAM BUT DOES NOT CREATE OR CONFER ANY CONTRACTUAL RIGHTS AND THE BENEFITS AVAILABLE DURING THE PERIOD OF MEMBERSHIP MAY VARY BASED ON MARKET CONDITIONS AND BENEFIT AVAILABILITY. IF THERE IS ANY QUESTION OF INTERPRETATION ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE TERMS OF ACTUAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE INSURANCE POLICY IN FORCE DURING THE PERIOD OF MEMBERSHIP. CARHA HOCKEY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND, SUBSTITUTE OR REVOKE ANY OR ALL OF THE BENEFITS AVAILABLE UNDER THE CARHA HOCKEY INSURANCE PROTECTION PROGRAM WITHOUT NOTICE IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.