CARHA Hockey is very excited to be partnering with Canada's Sport Information Resource Centre (SIRC) on their 'Mom's Got Game' initiative.
Research shows that when mom participates in sport and physical activity, the whole family wins!
Did you know…
- When Moms are active, kids are active
- When Moms are active, girls are less likely to drop out of sports
- When Moms are active, they cope better with the challenges of motherhood
- When Moms are active, they feel better about themselves
- When Moms are coaches, children have active and powerful female role models
- When Moms are coaches, they gain quality time with their children
Celebrate #MomsGotGame and say thanks to a mom in your life for being a great role model. Share a story about a mom who inspires others through active living and you’ll be eligible to win CARHA Hockey swag and SIRC Mom's Got Game swag.
There are 2 easy ways to participate:
This could your own story (if you're a mom), your mom, partner, or another mom's story (family or friend). How do they stay active? Trying a sport for the first time or part of an organized league; coaching or training; encouraging walks, hikes, or bike rides with family?