Included in your CARHA Hockey Membership is $10 million Liability Protection and Sport Accident Coverage (in association with Lawrie Insurance Group) for all of your players.
- League Website
Additionally, we give you the tools to create a league website that includes all of your statistics and is free of charge. Your website will be simple to set up, easy to update and will allow you to post your league schedule as well as stats! Take your league to the next level this season with a fully functional, interactive and free league website!
We also offer a paid, live statistics option if you're interested. Contact Scott Wilson for details.
- Scheduling Services
We’ll also handle all of your league schedules and scheduling services for you, as well as provide you with game sheets for all of your games. Our scheduling application allows you to manage your ice times, see the breakdown of games and easily export your schedule.
Your insurance under CARHA Hockey (in association with Lawrie Insurance Group) has you covered for potential accidents that could happen while playing hockey. We are confident that this coverage is suitable for playing hockey, and that we’re providing it at the right price.
Our hockey insurance provides you with the following benefits:
- $10 million in Liability Protection extended to all players, coaches, managers, trainers, and registered members of the executive
- $10 Million Liability Insurance with Certificate of Insurance
- Naming Additional Insured: Liability protection extends to the municipality, facility, and sponsors
- Player on Player liability coverage
- On-ice accidental Medical, Dental, and Death benefits for each player – to view the insurance chart, click here.
- Year-round coverage provided
It is required that all CARHA Hockey members sign the Adult Waiver form. To download the waiver, click here.
Any individual that CARHA Hockey recognizes as a registered member in good standing has coverage when involved in a CARHA Hockey approved event. An approved CARHA Hockey event/activity takes place at the direction and with the approval of the CARHA Hockey.
Here at CARHA Hockey, we believe that hockey doesn’t end in the winter. Hockey is our national sport and thus should be played year-round. If you plan on playing into the summer, we've got you covered. CARHA Hockey's Membership Programs provide you with coverage from October 1 - September 30. If you plan on playing exclusively in the summer, you can also take advantage of our special summer rates.
If you have any questions about summer hockey or want to register, feel free to contact us at any time.
Reporting suspensions decreases the risk of liability issues, allows CARHA Hockey to serve as a support mechanism to leagues, and ensures up-to-date information is being documented.
Given the popularity of adult recreational hockey in Canada, the possibility exists that a player deemed ineligible due to suspension may choose a different league to participate in while suspended. This leaves both CARHA Hockey and any leagues involved exposed. Therefore, informing CARHA Hockey of suspensions maintains a level of accountability for the league issuing the suspension.
Forms and Resources
Glossary of Important Terminologies
- Spare Players: Spare players are permitted to play up to five (5) games at no cost and will have the insurance extended to them while playing in this capacity. If a spare plays more than five (5) games, they are required to submit the full membership fee for that season. Eligible spare players are based on the number of full-time, paid players on the roster.
- Recurring Players: CARHA Hockey members are only required to submit their membership fee once during the coverage period and are eligible to play on as many other CARHA Hockey registered leagues and teams as they wish. Referees, who are also players, will only have to submit their membership fee once and will have extended coverage in both capacities. During the COVID-19 pandemic, CARHA Hockey requests that members only participate within their appropriate cohorts as defined by their Public Health officials.
- Underage / Overage Players: Players under the age of 18 years, or over the age of 85 years are welcome to participate however, they must complete the Underage Waiver form (French version) and/or the Overage Waiver form and submit a copy of the form(s) to CARHA Hockey. Please note that underage players are not eligible for the on-ice accidental or liability coverage (no membership fee). Overage players are only eligible for the $10 million liability coverage and would still submit their membership fee.
- Non-Resident of Canada Players: CARHA Hockey welcomes the participation of non-residents of Canada players; however, they must complete the Non-Resident of Canada Waiver form. These players are not included in the on-ice accidental or liability coverage and are not required to submit the membership fee.
- Outside of Canada Coverage: Members are not covered for Sport Accident coverage when participating in games/tournaments outside of Canada. We strongly advise teams to obtain travel insurance in the event of illness or accidental injury. With regards to Commercial General Liability coverage, there is worldwide coverage provided the event is sanctioned by CARHA Hockey.