- Build and Manage a League - Fill your facilities all-year by organizing an adult recreational hockey league with our help
- Host a Tournament - CARHA Hockey provides tips to hosting a tournament and can also help attract teams from surrounding areas
- Fit For Hockey - Take a proactive step to becoming a healthy hockey community with this customizable program
- Utilizing Non-Prime Ice Time - Eliminate unused ice-time by coordinating a day-time senior's league, lunch-time pick-up group, and learn to skate program
- Learn To Play - CARHA Hockey has designed a customized program to help your municipality introduce participants to the proper skating stride, stopping, stickhandling, shooting and much more.
- Insurance Referral Letter/French Insurance Referral Letter - Provide user groups with CARHA Hockey's contact information if they require insurance to rent ice (TIP: can be included with the Terms & Conditions) (in association with Lawrie Insurance Group)
- Certificate of Insurance - CARHA Hockey proof of insurance (members only) (in association with Lawrie Insurance Group)
- Scheduling Application - A web-based program to assist with scheduling your adult rec hockey programs (i.e. leagues and tournaments)
- League and Tournament Websites - Highlight your hockey groups nationwide with a customizable CARHA Hockey website
The above resources are all offered FREE - contact us for clean copies of the documents
Fit for Hockey
Fit for Hockey is an educational program which combines both an on-ice hockey session with off-ice education regarding proper physical training, health and body awareness, and nutrition tips.
Participants have the opportunity to:
- Learn how to listen to their body and recognize signs of distress
- Receive tips for proper conditioning and nutrition
- Acquire techniques to prevent on-ice health issues
- Assume health-conscious training with a heart-rate monitor
- Obtain CPR and defibrillator training – FREE certification provided
Fit for Your Municipality
CARHA Hockey understands that there is no one size fits all!
Help us help you improve the life of adult recreational hockey players in your community - we will take the Fit For Hockey program and tailor it to meet the needs of your municipality.
Contact us if you have any questions about Fit for Hockey.
Learn to Play
The Adult Learn to Play program has been developed by CARHA Hockey with the goal in mind of helping to continue the growth of adult recreational hockey throughout Canada.
The CARHA Hockey Learn to Play Program is a curriculum based program designed to provide precise basic skill development for adult rec hockey players. The program was developed with adult rec hockey players in mind who are new to the sport or who are simply looking to improve their on-ice skills.
- Principles and benefits of using the inside, outside and middle edges
- The philosophy behind powerskating
- Explanations of basic skating puckhandling and shooting skills
- Breakdown of skills accompanied by drills and photos for visual enhancements
- Comparison charts of correct and incorrect techniques of the skills
- Player Evaluation form which enables the instructor to report to the players’ cumulative progress
For more information, send us an email.