Player and Goalie Insurance
Your insurance under CARHA Hockey (in association with Lawrie Insurance Group) has you covered for potential accidents that could happen to you while playing hockey. Your coverage period is from October 1st through to September 30th each year.
Your coverage includes:
- $10 million player on player liability protection (in the event you are named in a lawsuit)
- On-ice accidental Medical, Dental, and Death benefits – Policy Overview
Important Notice: CARHA Hockey and its insurers do not support the use of alcohol and/or drugs while participating in the game of hockey. Should such activity present itself, the insurance coverage provided by our organization may be jeopardized. During the COVID-19 pandemic, CARHA Hockey requests that members only participate within their appropriate cohorts as defined by their Public Health officials
Pregnancy: CARHA Hockey welcomes the participation of pregnant women who wish to play adult recreational hockey. For safety purposes, however, we recommend that you consult your physician prior to playing hockey. Please note that coverage does not extend to injuries sustained that affect the term of your pregnancy or the unborn fetus.
Play in one of CARHA Hockey’s Major Sanctioned Events:
- 2023 CARHA Hockey World Cup
- Pacific Cup Tournament (Victoria, British Columbia)
- Tournament listings
Looking for a place to play?
- Let us help you locate a men’s, women’s or co-ed league, team, tournament or pick-up hockey in your area. Simply complete the Hockey Finder form.
- Are you a female adult recreational hockey player? For more information on women’s hockey in your area, please visit the Women’s Hockey Finder page.
Did You Know?
- Because you are protected from October 1st through to September 30th each year, you are covered for any spring/summer hockey with other CARHA Hockey member leagues and/or teams.
- As a CARHA Hockey member, your insurance is transferrable to you if you play with other CARHA Hockey registered leagues and/or teams.
- If you also organize a league, team, or tournament, there is extended coverage available to you for your role as an organizer.
If you are interested in learning more about your coverage as a player/goalie, or as an organizer, please contact Laurie Langlois.
Forms and Resources
CARHA Hockey is a not-for-profit organization that provides its members with flexible and cost-effective options for comprehensive insurance coverage. All benefits available under the CARHA Hockey insurance protection program are subject to the actual terms and conditions of the insurance policy in force during the period of membership. Insurance procured and provided by CARHA Hockey may not cover all potential losses, damages or injuries that a player might sustain playing hockey. The coverage offered by CARHA Hockey is reasonable in the circumstances given its financial resources and any additional coverage would be unavailable or cost-prohibitive. All members are responsible for ensuring that their insurance coverage is suitable in their own specific circumstances. The information contained herein highlights the CARHA Hockey insurance protection program but does not create or confer any contractual rights and the benefits available during the period of membership may vary based on market conditions and benefit availability. If there is any question of interpretation all rights and benefits will be governed by the terms of actual terms and conditions of the insurance policy in force during the period of membership. CARHA Hockey reserves the right to amend, substitute or revoke any or all of the benefits available under the CARHA Hockey insurance protection program without notice in its sole discretion.