CARHA Hockey and Spinal Cord Injury Ontario (SCIO) have teamed up for the 2022/23 season! As our charity of choice, we are committed to spreading awareness about the barriers faced by people living with a spinal cord injury and supporting SCIO's vision for a more equitable and inclusive community.
Did you know? Approximately 400,000 children in Canada identify with having a disability that may prevent them from trick-or-treating because of something such as stairs. SCIO educated us on behalf of Treat Accessibility with the following ways your household can make trick-or-treating more accessible:
- Visit TreatAccessibly.com to get a free "Treat Accessibly" Lawn Sign
- Create a trick-or-treating station at the end of your driveway
- Make sure the path to your trick-or-treating area is well-lit and clear of any hazards
- Refrain from using strobe lights and high-pitched, sudden loud noises
- Keep pets safely away from the front of your house
Have a happy and safe Halloween!