One of the many services and resources we offer as part of your membership includes keeping the team and your players safe with Hockey Insurance!
Our roots are based on delivering the right amount of insurance coverage for our members. We provide you with only the coverage you will likely ever need for the game of hockey. You spoke and we listened – price is important with the right amount of coverage.
Our hockey insurance provides your team with the following benefits:
- $10 Million Liability Insurance with Certificate of Insurance
- Naming Additional Insured: Liability protection extends to municipality, facility, and sponsors
- Player on Player liability coverage
- On Ice accidental Medical, Dental, and Death benefits for each player - to view the insurance chart, click here.
- Lowest price at $23/player - allowing you to save hundreds of dollars in comparison to other national programs
- Year-round coverage provided
As this is a league/team based coverage, all players are required to be registered. The CARHA Hockey Membership Program is effective upon the commitment from the Organizer whether received verbally or otherwise. Claim forms may not be honored for leagues and teams delinquent in administration with CARHA Hockey. Play must be within the adult recreational/oldtimer ranks, be non-contact and all players must wear CSA approved helmets.
It is strongly encouraged that all CARHA Hockey teams and leagues have their players complete and sign the General Participant Waiver. To download the waiver, click here.
Any individual that CARHA Hockey recognizes as a registered member in good standing has coverage when involved in a CARHA Hockey approved event. An approved CARHA Hockey event/activity takes place at the direction and with the approval of the CARHA Hockey.
Glossary of Important Terminologies
- Spare Players: Spare players are permitted to play up to five (5) games at no cost and will have the insurance extended to them while playing in this capacity. If a spare plays more than five (5) games, they are required to submit the full membership fee for that season. Eligible spare players are based on the number of full time, paid players on the roster.
- Recurring Players: CARHA Hockey members are only required to submit their membership fee once during the coverage period and are eligible to play on as many other CARHA Hockey registered leagues and teams as they wish. Referees, who are also players, will only have to submit their membership fee once and will have extended coverage in both capacities.
- Underage / Overage Players: Players under the age of 18 years, or over the age of 85 years are welcome to participate however, they must complete the Underage Waiver form (French version) and/or the Overage Waiver form and submit a copy of the form(s) to CARHA Hockey. Please note that underage players are not eligible for the on-ice accidental or liability coverage (no membership fee). Overage players are only eligible for the $10 million liability coverage and would still submit their membership fee.
- Non-Resident of Canada Players: CARHA Hockey welcomes the participation of non-residents of Canada players; however, they must complete the Non-Resident of Canada Waiver form. These players are not included in the on-ice accidental or liability coverage and are not required to submit the membership fee.
- Outside of Canada Coverage: Members are not covered for Sport Accident coverage when participating in games/tournaments outside of Canada. We strongly advise teams to obtain travel insurance in the event of illness or accidental injury. With regards to Commercial General Liability coverage, there is worldwide coverage provided the event is sanctioned by CARHA Hockey.